Flood Cleanup Companies in Paducah Ky
Damage from sewage pipe breaks and backups is especially tricky, because microbes and bacteria present in the dirty water can be dangerous to your health. It’s very important to call a water damage Paducah company sewage cleanup team that is experienced in dealing with sewage damage and sewage removal that have the equipment and knowledge needed for sewage cleanup and sewage removal for residential and large-loss commercial property restoration so that everything is handled quickly and safely.
Who is the Top Paducah Water Damage Restoration Company?
Paducah Restoration is the best water damage restoration company because we know how difficult it can be to recover from such a disaster, so we work hard to mitigate the problems you have to deal with. We will handle the insurance company, water damage, and mold infestation. You can recover with your family, while we bring your home back to life. Small bodies of water can flood easily during rain storms and cause massive amounts of damage to the surrounding homes. Our whole purpose is to provide you with a fresh start after the worst floods from storms or plumbing fiascos, so call our water damage representatives today!
- We're ready to restore your Paducah home or place of business following any disaster
- 24/7 our trained and well-equipped experts respond to your emergency needs
- With you as our priority, we say what we do and do what we say
Restoration Water Damage Experts in Paducah Ky
You already have the ability to clean up your own water damage, you just need the know-how! Below is a step-by-step skeleton of what the actions you should take in remediating your own Paducah water damage.
- Turn Off All Electricity - Turn your power main to the off position so you don't get electrically shocked. Never step in standing water without the power off!
- Identify the Type of Water - You must determine if your water is considered "clean" or "dirty." Clean water comes from sources such as a failed sump pump or leaky dishwasher. Dirty water comes from sources like broken ejector pumps and cracked sewage lines.
- Equipment and Materials - You will need water damage equipment such as a wet/dry vacuum, carpet cleaning machine, deodorizers, disinfectants, and body protection such as puncture proof gloves.
- Remove the Paducah Water - Use either a submersible pump or wet/dry vacuum to remove the excess water.
Water Extraction Company in Paducah Ky
Avoid any downed power lines, particularly those in water. See if your sewage and waterlines are damaged and if necessary, have them serviced as soon as possible as they can pose major health threats. Ensure that your water is potable before drinking. Fire Hazards. In case of a gas leak, use battery-powered lanterns or flashlights when examining your home and avoid smoking inside. Consult the utility company about using electrical equipment, including power generators. Structural Damage. To ensure your home is not in danger of collapsing, inspect the foundation for damage and check the integrity of walls, floors, doors, staircases, and windows. Chemicals. Be aware of potential chemical hazards around your property, such as leaking propane tanks or car batteries. Home owners should clean and disinfect every surface in their home, including walls and hard-surfaced floors, with either a store-bought product or a homemade solution. A disinfectant solution can be made with 1/4 cup of chlorine bleach and a gallon of water.
Open windows in the house for ventilation as you clean. Dry It Out. To avoid damage to the foundation, gradually pump water from flooded basements (2-3 feet per day). For items that cannot be washed, such as mattresses and furniture, if they are salvageable air dry them outside and then spray them with a disinfectant. Otherwise, throw them out. Food Areas. Throw away food that has been in contact with water (some canned items can be saved) and disinfect surfaces that contact food, such as counters, shelves, tables, utensils, serving ware, and refrigerators. Kids areas. Carefully clean areas where your children play. Clothes. Wash linens and clothing in hot water or dry clean them. Carpet. Steam clean carpeting if possible. Bathrooms. If sewage has come into the house, wear rubber boots and waterproof gloves to clean up. Throw It Out. Remove and discard items cannot be disinfected. Likely items include cloth, upholstered furniture, and drywall.
Find a Pro
42001, 42002, 42003
Find Your Service
|Flood Cleanup Companies Index|
|Water In Basement Index|
|Drying Wet Carpet Index|